Thursday, September 16, 2010

Knit and Crochet Now!

I just watched an episode of Knit and Crochet Now! on my local PBS station.  I'm always amazed at the wealth of information!  This episode was on Entrelac and demonstrated the knit techinque with a pillow, and a crochet shawl.

Kristen Nicholas taught the entrelac pillow. She explained the technique very well and I felt compelled to go the the show's website and download the pattern.

Drew Emborsky a/k/a The Crochet Dude demonstrated the entrelac-inspired shawl. Man o'man! He is such a good teacher! And he shares his knowledge freely.  His demonstration was interspersed with little nuggats of "extra" details and "whys".

Brett Bara, the editor of Crochet Today! does an excellent job of leading both discussions.  I really felt as if I was watching 2 friends share their love of an art.

The show's website contains videos, free patterns and more.  Check it out and let me know what you love about it.

http://www.knitandcrochetnow.com/

No comments: