Friday, October 5, 2012

New Patterns @ Crochet Me!

Two patterns that were published in the Winter 2012 issue of Interweave Crochet are now available for sale in the Crochet Me shop--the Barn Jacket and the Red Twig Socks.

Both are quite special to me, but for different reasons. I designed the Barn Jacket as a birthday gift for my best friend, Randi. While we met in sunny Florida, she forsake our heat and humidity for a colder climate.  This gives me a chance to design things that I wouldn't get to wear "down" here.

The Barn Jacket . . .


And here is Randi in her jacket . . .



The Red Twig Socks were just downright fun! And quite a challenge. The calf shaping uses short rows and results in the interesting coming-together-of-the-pattern down the back (reminds me of a vintage stocking worn by a movie star with the seam down the back of the calf). 




The color combinations for this sock are exciting and endless.  In addition, the light and dark colors can be switched to create a different look (a great way to make use of the left over yarn from the first pair).

I'd love to hear your thoughts about each design.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: