Sunday, October 5, 2008

Style

We all have colors that we are drawn to and those that repel us. Some like garments that are open and airy, while others like those that are dense. Our neighbor might like classic lines while we adore anything out of the norm.

Each of us has an innate sense of style and when we see something in "our" style, we have an immediate gut reaction. Yesterday, I was at Fiber Art and someone asked me to help with an afghan pattern. My first reaction to the picture was "Wow, I wish I'd designed that!" There was that immediate connection to my own sense of style.

When you are choosing a project to work on, don't ignore your own sense of style. Trust those inner reactions to color and construction. After all, creating something is fun, but above all, it is deeply satisfying.

No comments: