Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Breathing Easier

No, I'm not having respiratory problems. I've been wrestling with a design and it's finally coming together. For me, the design process is unpredictable. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and an idea is ready to pop out of the oven, fully baked, needing nothing but to cool down before I can cut into it. Other times, I have a glimmer, sometimes a feeling of the design, lurking in the shadows, just out of reach. It's these designs that cause me to lie awake at night.

They hover and when I reach for them, thinking that I've finally got a good vantage point to capture them, they jump back into the shadows (and I swear I can hear them laugh at times.) Like the Gingerbread Boy, they keep running and I keep chasing. "Catch me if you can."

Last night, I caught the essence of a design that has been running for awhile now. It's not done by any means, but it's on paper and ready to be tweaked.

While the chase can be frustrating, the capture is oh so sweet!

No comments: