Monday, January 19, 2009

Sock Class

The first part of the sock class was on Saturday at Fiber Art. I had 3 students; all did very well and are off to a good start. They have "homework" for next Saturday's class, but I have no doubts that they will complete it.

Two of the students are knitters first and foremost, and I applaud their willingness to go outside their normal bounds. I can understand and sympathize with their feelings of frustration and clumsiness (even though they were NOT clumsy.) I feel the same when I knit. I CAN knit, but it's still work for me.

I saw an interview with designer Mary Lynn Patrick on the Knit & Crochet Today show this week. She said, "The more I knit or crochet, the more I CAN knit or crochet". This piece of golden wisdom is something I can carry in my pocket and finger on those days when knitting and even crochet are, well, "work".

One of the students was a crocheter. She caught the concepts and ran. I'm trying to find a good seque . . . but there's not one, so I'll just say that I'm so tickled by her review of the class. You can read it here:
http://bookhooknomad.blogspot.com/2009/01/sock-it-to-me.html

No comments: